Does your heart beat faster for student participation and do you want to help representatives with their important role? Apply now for board member at Landelijk Overleg Fracties!
Lees de Nederlandse vacature HIER.
We are looking for 2 enthusiastic board members that have commitment for LOF from the 1st of September 2020 to the 31st of August 2021. The invested time is about 20-25 hours per week. As LOF’s board, you work closely together with other student organizations, like the Dutch Student Union (LSVb) and the Studenten Overleg Medezeggenschap (SOM). You will be responsible for supporting student participation, for example by organizing events (like the Training Weekend in September), facilitating training and information and the most important: keeping contact with representatives from all 13 universities.
As a board member at Landelijk Overleg Fracties, you preferably have experience in student participation (but that is not required). You are good at organizing and you like to take initiative on different things. You aren’t afraid of substantive questions, have a feeling for the dynamics in the different councils and can stand in front of a group easily. Additionally, a part of the function consists of doing administrative and financial tasks.
What does the job involve?
- The board has executive responsibility for the independent foundation Landelijk Overleg Fracties.
- Keeping contact (e.g. by doing visits regularly) with student councils throughout the whole country.
- Organizing events, exchange and training for representatives.
- Organizing the yearly Training Weekend for new representatives.
- Monitoring national news about student participation and keeping contact with the Ministery of Education, together with the Dutch Student Union.
What do I get in return?
- The possibility of expanding your professional network.
- The possibility of improving your professional skills, for example with a coach from the Dutch Student Union.
- A working spot in the Netherland’s greatest office, namely with our colleagues from the Dutch Student Union.
- A National grant for board members by DUO. The board members together receive a gross grant of €1880 per month. Notice that this grant is shared with your co-board member and that you have to pay taxes.
- A travel compensation of €150 per month for both board members.
Dates to keep free
- 22nd of April for the Case Evening.
2nd of May and 8-10th of May for the training traject to become a ToM-trainer–> cancelled due to corona
- 11-13th of September for the Training Weekend for new representatives.
How do I apply?
Send a motivation letter and CV to Daan Bos (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 15th of April 2020, and he will contact you as soon as possible. You can also contact him for questions. The interview and the case evening will take place online due to the corona crisis.
LOF believes that diversity contributes to the strength of the organisation. We encourage people of all genders, ethnic backgrounds, sexuality, religious beliefs and with or without disability to respond to this vacancy.